With our high speed world and more and more people striving to become fitter and healthier, one growing trend is meal prepping. We have jobs, kids, school and activities of all sorts that relentlessly consume our time. Meal prepping is a wise way to take back some time throughout the work week and ensure you have healthy options when you need them.
- It saves valuable time. If you choose to meal prep for Monday through Friday, you will be doing all of your cooking on Sunday. Yes, you’ll be doing work over the weekend, but it’s a lot more efficient to shop, stir and cook everything in one group and clean up only one mess in the process. This gives you back some time during the week since you won’t have to do much other than reheat any hot meals you’ve made.
- You don’t have to worry about cooking throughout the week. Every day feels like a long process, simply trying to figure out what you’re having for dinner each night can become exhausting.
- Meal prepping forces you to eat reasonable portion sizes. Small or medium-sized plastic containers are great for storing your food and portion control.
- Helps you save money. When you have prepared food, you likely won’t eat out as much. Eating out is convenient, but can get really expensive.
- Meal prepping also keeps you on track with your food intake. Since you’ve planned ahead making healthy choices before hand, you’re more less likely to stray towards unhealthy options.