1. Candice Swanepoel, 25 – This South African model has been a Victoria’s Secret Angel since 2010. Her resume includes dozens of magazine covers ranging from Ocean Drive to Ralph Lauren. Swanepoel was chosen to wear the Fantasy Bra at the 2013 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The 10 million dollar bra features over 4,200 precious gems including rubies, diamonds and 18-carot gold. A bra like that belongs on the fittest of the fit, and Candice definitely rocked it. This year, she was ranked number 9 in The World’s Top-Earning Models list.
2. Padma Lakshmi, 43 – How does the host of Top Chef pull off eating so much delicious food and having a great figure? Lakshmi’s motto is work hard, play hard. She doesn’t think that starving yourself to look good is worth it. Instead, she works hard in the gym and then eases up when she is at her desired weight. Her secret weapon when it comes to staying fit is stair-climbing. During an interview with Fitness magazine, she said she walks up to 70 flights a day.
3. Rihanna, 25 – Lots of cardio is the key to the Rihanna’s lean look. This celebrity focuses on thighs, arms and abdominals to achieve a super sculpted figure. With the help of a personal trainer, she alternates between active days and rest days. Rihanna said she has never deliberately set out to get skinny. She simply eats healthy and exercises. She is conscious of what she eats and she makes sure to drink plenty of water. Her secret is steering away from starchy carbs. Instead, she fills her fridge with egg whites, fruits and veggies.
4. Ronda Rousey, 26 – This mixed martial artist is the first and current UFC’s Women’s Bantamweight Champion. Rousey is ranked #1 pound-for-pound female MMA fighter in the world. She works out two to three times a day. Her workouts include swimming, grappling, strength and conditioning, wrestling or striking. Her diet consists of a high-carb breakfast, a half-carb/half-protein lunch, and an all-protein dinner. Rousey is showing the world that girls can be just as tough as the guys.
5. Kendall Jenner, 18 – There are so many fad diets out there these days but Jenner has managed to steer clear of all of them. Being active and busy is this 18-year-old’s secret. Whether she is working out or running around with friends, she is always doing something. Her favorite snack is a fruit smoothie or just plain fruit. She believes that a firm body is a direct result of a healthy lifestyle.
6. Miranda Kerr, 30 – The 30-year-old Victoria’s Secret model says that the secret to lasting beauty is paying attention to what you put in your body; and that goes for food and thoughts. She is a yoga fanatic which explains her limber, toned body. She lives an active lifestyle but she always leaves times for relaxation. Her advice is to drink A LOT. Her mornings consist of a large glass of warm water with lemon, a cold-pressed green juice, and an energizing smoothie made with super-foods including goji berries, raw cocoa, fresh coconut water, chai seeds and protein powder. She calls it the ‘Miranda Mix’.
7. Miley Cyrus, 21 – By switching to a gluten and lactose-free diet and hitting the gym, this star has acquired a super fit body over the past year. Cyrus works hard. She usually exercises six days a week for at least an hour per session. Her favorite type of exercise is Pilates but she is also a huge fan of cycling, yoga and dancing. She follows a strict diet avoiding anything that contains gluten; including bread, cookies, beer, pasta and much more. Her hard work has definitely paid off.
8. Lana Del Rey, 27 – The American singer-songwriter has become a huge sensation over the past year. She received her first Grammy nominations at the 2013 Grammy Awards. Along with her musical talent, this celebrity is also known for her sexy body. She has been seen power-walking, hiking and stretching. Her active lifestyle consisting of frequent tours and concerts keeps her in tip-top shape.
9. Beyonce, 32 – According to this inspirational star, it’s more about your mental strength than your physical strength. She knows that there is no quick fix when it comes to achieving and maintaining a fit body, and she is willing to make sacrifices and push herself. Even when she is busy, she seizes every opportunity to exercise. Those extra lunges and squats make all the difference. She strives for confidence, not thinness.
10. Kate Upton, 21 – By focusing on circuit training, Upton is able to get maximum results with workouts consisting of intense exercises in short durations. She follows the Blood Type Diet for the most part, which is said to aid digestion and allow the body to utilize vitamins and minerals more efficiently. Her favorite splurge foods are ice cream, cupcakes and french fries. She lives an active, healthy lifestyle but she always leaves rooms for a little fun.
Now you’ve seen them: the hottest bods of the year. Talk about New Years Resolution inspiration! Who do you love most on this list? Who do you think we should have included?