Falling victim to stress-eating ends now. It’ll work as a cycle, too- According to Nurse Elaine Magee, lower stress means lower levels of cortisol in the body and lower levels of cortisol will make it easier for you to lose weight, particularly around the gut. Grab your weight loss goals by the horns and pack more of these listed foods in your diet to see desired results that leave you feeling happy, healthy, and most notably, more relaxed.
- Nuts: They’re packed with magnesium, but high in fat, so moderation is key!
- Dark leafy greens: Filled with B-complex vitamins, which are needed to make serotonin, and helps boost your mood
- Asparagus: Rich in folic acid, which is needed to prevent irritability, fatigue, and depression
- Whole grains: Also rich in B-vitamins. Just be sure to stick to “whole grains” and not “whole wheat” bread that’s surprisingly mostly refined flour
- Berries:Very high in antioxidants like Vitamin C, which keeps cortisol steady
- Salmon: Omega-3 fats have been shown to help reduce stress
- Avocados: High in B-vitamins (AND can help prevent cancer!)
Want more? Read 8 Mood Foods to Feel Happier Instantly